A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

So now that I am a member do I get access to the member only forums? :) Do I need to do something? How was the pick-a-brick wall Andrew?
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

I was going to get some 9v train motors,they had quite a few but I didn't pick any up.The pic a brick wall was pretty good,I didn't ask them to bring out anything from the back,they didnt have any tiles or straight track.I was looking for some colours for building fronts.I picked up 1x4's in light blue,new light grey,and green,some 1x3 light green,black grills for filler,some 1x1 arches in red and new grey,and burgandy 2x2's.some white truck doors(ambulance),6x8 slopes in blue(traincrossing),some pink flowers.
Nathan and I went down,1 hour at the border,1 hour and 40 min. to get there. we only had an hour and 1/2 there to pack some cups .oh yes I picked up a holiday train $90 US,not sure it is worth it but I'm a train guy.
some of the prices at shop at home seem to be better compared to US shop at home prices.Holiday train $90 US,$130 Can.same with the hobby train.I think a reasonable price increase considering the value of the canuck buck.
They also had in the pab black 1x6 curved slopes,some major ugly junior pces(truck fronts),new dark grey2x4's,tan 2x6,pale blue 1x4/2x4/2x2,4x8 plates in new grey ,black,red.they had 2x2 red tiles,2x4 white plates,black wings4x8 with tapered ends(biplane wings).thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
Nothing extraordinary to me except the pale blue and lime green,but then somebody might think1x4 red brick are the cats meow.
Happy hunting AC.....

Andrew woo
smartiac
MOC Poster

Post by smartiac »

They also had 2x2, 2x4, 2x6 bricks in green and 2x2, 2x4, and 2x6 plates in green. The selection of basic green was greentastic.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

Been meaning to say, sorry for bailing on you guys at the last minute. I should have realised way sooner how much i needed to do that sunday and not forgotten a bunch of stuff. you guys likely would have left a lot earlier too if it hadn't been for me.
Sorry! :oops:
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)