New to the forum?

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

AC
Brick God

Re: New to the forum?

Post by AC »

Glad to see you posting on here. Feel free to post pictures of your MOCs and Works in Progress.
KawasakiNinja
New Poster

Post by KawasakiNinja »

Greetings! I'm Daniel, living between Surrey & Richmond right now. Recently got back into Lego with the Hidden Side theme. Very sad it's ending... :( But it opened up the rabbit hole, and now here I am! Mainly collect Hidden Side and also Trains (my BF is really into trains), and I'm planning to mod City sets into Hidden Side style buildings once the line ends and I need a new hit. I look forward to meeting you all. :)
Matt N
Experienced Poster

Post by Matt N »

Hi KawasakiNinja, the hidden side has some interesting parts for sure! The VLC has quite a few members who are into Lego trains as well, they have a booth with at the Vancouver Train Expo every year.
Visit my Lego GBC YouTube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/greatballpit
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Hello KawasakiNinja,

Welcome to the VLC forum. It is always great to hear about what sets brought people back to Lego. Hidden Side has some great sets. It is a shame that it did not last longer as a theme.
gates_apco
New Poster

Post by gates_apco »

HI!

I'm just starting my AFOL journey. I have been lurking on the FB group page for a bit. I attended several of the online Lego conventions in 2020. That was seriously the best thing to come from the pandemic.

I'm interested in GBC and MIL. Currently just organizing my personal collection and setting up a builds area in my apartment. The eternal struggle of storage and display etc.

My goal for 2021 is to make one GBC module.
Matt N
Experienced Poster

Post by Matt N »

HI Gates, welcome to the forum, the club has several GBC builders including myself. There are also several city/train layout builders in the club that are working on moving to the MILS standard for our collaborative displays.

What's the story with the vintage mini-fig as your avatar? I recently found one of those torsos in an old bulk lot from the 80's.
Visit my Lego GBC YouTube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/greatballpit
gates_apco
New Poster

Post by gates_apco »

Matt N wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:55 pm

What's the story with the vintage mini-fig ...
It's from the instructions page of my 1st set purchased as a kid. The set that really started my love of LEGO. I recently collected the parts for it and have added it to my collection.

https://www.toysperiod.com/lego-set-ref ... h-caravan/
Stinger Davda
New Poster

Post by Stinger Davda »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Brejesh Davda, it was great meeting some of you on yesterday's Zoom call. I am a building inspector so of course I love Lego.

I was introduced to this group from Val. I'm a regular at the Guildford Mall Lego store as I'm living in Surrey.

I have an amazing, understanding wife named Tara and 3 energetic boys ages 9, 11 and 13 whom are all Legoholics, including my wife whom I've spent years converting.

I came out of my dark ages around 2014 when my first born was around 5 and I picked up Luke's X-wing to build with him.

I currently collect anything vehicle related including Expert, Technic, Creator, Speed Champion, Racers and Model Team; anything Mando related and various collector sets. Unfortunately my basement has always been rented so I never had any space to display sets until recently when I was able to get my basement back. I am currently planning on how to build and display my 200+ set back log but just don't have enough time in the day between work and family.

I'm looking forward to connecting with other AFOL's and learning new techniques on how to utilize my bulk bricks along with meeting new people.

Thank you for adding me to this wonderful group.

Regards,
Brejesh
Snowy
Experienced Poster

Post by Snowy »

Welcome Brejesh.
It was great to meet you on the zoom call.
Snowy
2020 VLC Membership Director
www.instagram.com/the_snowbricks