This has just been cut and paste from last year’s entry, so there may be inaccuracies. For the most current info, https://www.facebook.com/legofalloutshelter/
Are you planning on attending BrickCan April 19-22, 2018? This year the VLC is opening up our collaborative build of the Fallout Shelter to all Registered Con Attendees wishing to participate. (sorry, but this is not open to the general public)
Below are the guidelines required so your incredibly creative room can be included in this collaborative display at BrickCan.
- Best room will be voted on
- We want to avoid too many of the same room
- We need to roughly know how many rooms to expect so we can plan accordingly
– sample of an empty room that meets the basic requirements.
Background: This collaborative build draws its inspiration from the Fallout mini game designed for mobile devices called “Fallout Shelter”. You do not need to play the game to contribute to this build, but it will provide further insight to the nature of it. If you have any questions regarding the standard please contact:
- Keith: keithjessica.reed <at> gmail <dot> com
- Jason: jasonvoni <at> gmail <dot> com
- Kyler: kylerstorm <at> gmail <dot> com
Guidelines to adhere to when building any room. (Rooms that do not conform to the standard may not be included.)
- All rooms are 16 studs deep. If you choose to make a shallower room, make sure your floor plate and your top can support and be supported by rooms with a depth of 16 studs.
- Room widths are in 16 stud increments. Minimum 16 studs, Maximum 48 Studs. Therefore room widths are: Small – 16, Medium – 32 and Large – 48. (Exception only for elevators – 8 studs and “dirt filler” – 8 studs)
- Room height is EXACTLY 10 bricks. This includes the floor plate all the way to the top tiles.
- The top of the room will have few studs so rooms lock together however they must be easy to remove after the show (Think Modular Buildings). Tiles on the top of your room are required to properly support the weight of the structure.
- It would be helpful if rooms that are wider than 16 studs contain additional supports to support rooms above. (See Blue 1×2 plates in samples below, be creative with the supports.)
- Rooms will have a 1x4x6 door frame on either adjoining wall, 2 studs back from the front.
- On all four lower corners facing the adjacent rooms 1×2 technic bricks with single hole will be included for securing the structure.
- UPDATED: Please see lighting standards on Facebook page as IKEA no longer sells the previous lights.
- Ceiling fixtures can be included. You may present your room with a top plate to show where the fixtures belong. The top plate will be removed and the fixtures will be attached to the room above. Be sure they don’t obstruct the lighting.
Outside of these guidelines, get creative, there are no color restrictions. We encourage rooms to either hold as incredibly close to the game as possible or to have a certain level of outlandishness. Remember, the time frame that this falls into is around the year 2150, and the world has ended as we know it!
We will consider having some corner rooms (facing 2 sides). If you’d like to make a corner room please submit a request to the email contacts listed at the top of this sheet.